Sunday, May 8, 2011

Intro: Day 1

My Mother's Day gift to myself is starting the GAPS diet :) !! It just seemed to be the perfect day to do it. I started the day off with some sourdough pancakes, then had bacon and cucumbers for lunch so that I had energy to go shopping and prepare a big soup! So technically tomorrow will be our first full day. I am already having cravings though :( but I am not even going to contemplate what would taste really good right now.

The soup I made was a whole pot of chicken bone broth, a zucchini, head of cauliflower, a carrot, a butternut squash (which by the way takes forever to peel and chop! thankfully I bought a real nice sharp knife!), and two onions. I blended it then put in the meat from a whole chicken. I have to say blending it probably was a mistake, it was easier for me to eat, but Josiah wouldn't even take a bite! He seemed to be upset that it didn't looked like his favorite chicken soup with carrots. Next time I will make sure to leave the carrots whole.

I am probably going to have to go back and do intro again with him, I am not at the point where I want to starve him until he gives in and eats soup. I think just eliminating grains, sugar and fruit is a huge step and a lot of healing will take place for him. I am eliminating dairy for six weeks, but I will start ghee in a few days making sure I am not sensitive to it. I hope he'll at least try this soup, if not then I will have to make him some other kinds of meat that he'll eat. We'll see how tomorrow goes and how I feel, I will probably be going through some major sugar withdrawal. I don't know how long I want to stay on stage 1, I will probably wait at least a day maybe two.

No comments:

Post a Comment